The primary purpose of this program is to enhance academic achievement. We also provide children with opportunities to engage in activities that benefit them socially, emotionally, and physically. The program includes homework time, learning activities, snack and recreation. The activities are conducted and planned by staff trained to meet the needs of our children and to be positive adult role models. The program is flexible to accommodate children from different age groups and at the same time to fulfill the special needs of the individual child. The After School Enrichment Program is designed to supplement and support the child’s experiences at school and at home.
To create an asset-based environment that fosters opportunities for the development of the child in areas of:
- Focusing on academic achievement within the areas of language arts, math, and science.
- Focusing on physical fitness skills.
- Focusing on self-sufficiency, personal wellness, and healthy behaviors.
- Focusing on interpersonal/social relationships and behavioral standards including respect, responsibility, honesty, and caring.
To develop the inner strength of young people through:
- Focusing on increasing self-confidence and feelings of self worth.
- Focusing on increasing each individual’s recognition and appreciation of their own uniqueness, and motivating them to grow toward their full potential.
- Focusing on character development values of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility.
To support and strengthen the family unit by:
- Providing opportunities for parents to participate in constructive activities with their children thereby assisting the family’s ability to function effectively as a unit.
- Improving the ability of parents and children to communicate with, and better understand each other.
- Increasing the ability of family members to express concern and appreciation for one another
- Allowing parents to have a feeling of confidence that their children are safe and well cared for.